Estates Business Administration Support (Modern Apprentice)
an exciting opportunity has arisen within Scottish Prison Service for those seeking a Modern Apprenticeship in Business Administration. You will be given full training on all aspects of administration within our busy Estates department while you work towards the successful completion of an SVQ Level 3 in Business Administration.
Based in the Scottish Prison Service Headquarters, near the Gyle in Edinburgh, this role is for a two year period, with the possibility of permanency.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
1)You will undertake a wide range of general and specific administrative duties and Estates support duties for Maintenance Services such as producing letters, memos and other documents, co-ordinating and taking minutes at Maintenance Services meetings (including contract progress meetings) and arranging Maintenance Services events.
2)Deliver a high level of service to Estates colleagues and SPS stakeholders, ensuring that a strong customer focused approach is adopted at all times. Ensure and maintain an appropriate level of professionalism and standards while carrying out work activities and in all dealings with internal and external stakeholders.
3)Utilise a number of SPS systems to deliver a range of activities in support of Maintenance Services and the wider Estates function. All systems training will be provided.
4)You will provide support to produce reports, create databases and spread sheets. Other duties will include ensuring appropriate record keeping, undertake filing, faxing and photocopying as required.
5)Provide support to the Maintenance Services Team with the provision of Management Information from databases, data checking, and basic data interpretation for use internally.
6)Interact with suppliers and maintenance staff at establishment level to gain feedback in relation to contract enquiries, supplier feedback and minor performance issues.
1) A minimum of two National 4 (or equivalent) qualifications including English and Maths. ESSENTIAL
2) You will be committed to achieving an SVQ Level 3 Business Administration within 2 years. ESSENTIAL
Knowledge & Skills:
1) Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate with others in a confident and professional manner. ESSENTIAL
2) Strong organisational skills with the ability to work well under pressure, while maintaining accuracy. ESSENTIAL
3) Good numerical skills. ESSENTIAL
4) Ability to work individually and as part of a team. ESSENTIAL