You will spend a year working on real-life projects whilst learning new skills that will help you towards a career in the archives and heritage sectors. You will help to bring the past to life for new audiences keeping it alive for future generations to enjoy.
If you can answer yes to any of these questions this opportunity could be for you:
• Have you got experience or curiosity about our shared history and heritage?
• Do you have a background (volunteering or at work) in community work, education, events or culture and want to expand your skills and experience?
• Do you have an interest in working with diverse communities and people?
• Are you interested in preserving our past and bringing it to new audiences?
• Are you a passionate about social media and bringing people together online?
• Does new technology and new ways of sharing information appeal to you?
You must have minimum of Higher English (or equivalent) and Standard Grade Math (or equivalent) with good basic IT skills, good communication, people skills and problem solving abilities.
Those with a post-graduate qualification in archives or records management should not apply.