Test your creativity and innovation skills!
The competition is open to all primary 5,6, and 7 pupils from schools across Scotland. Individual prizes will be given to the best entries, but all the pupils in the winning class will win an all-expenses paid trip to the Royal Highland Show 22nd – 25th June 2017. The winning product will be showcased at the ASSIST FM National Conference on 24th & 25th August 2017 in Glasgow.
The winning product will feature in schools across Scotland during Scottish School Meals week, 31st October 2017.
We are asking pupils to conduct their own market research to develop a new Scots Origin One Pot Dish that could be sold as a stand-alone product or be part of school meal that can be used in schools across Scotland.
The challenge is based on a similar format to the television programme ‘Dragons Den’. We would like pupils to put their creative and entrepreneurial skills to the test and design an innovative new ‘one pot’ product that:
- They would like to eat and that could form part or all of a school meal for example; meal soup, meal pot, layered dish or something creative and innovative.
- Has to contain AT LEAST ONE Scottish ingredient.
- Would encourage more pupils to take school meals if it was sold in the dining area.
- Could be promoted with an innovative advertising campaign that would include a name and a catch phrase to promote the product and fit with the Scots Origin branding.
- Can be sold as a stand alone product.
- Meets the nutritional guidance for a theme day in school.
To enter, please complete the attached entry forms and send to email@example.com by 5th May 2017