A suite of learning resources are currently being produced to support professional development related to career education. These resources will cover a variety of key themes such as labour market information, career management skills, enterprise and entrepreneurship, My world of Work etc. and relate this to Career Education Standard 3-18.
As a result of engaging with this learning you will have:
- an understanding of the purpose and aim of the Career Education Standard (3 – 18) (CES);
- an understanding of the part you are expected to play, along with partners, in the implementation of the CES;
- an understanding of the entitlements for children and young people;
- developed, through self-evaluation, your understanding of the CES expectations in relation to your current practice;
- identified areas of the CES expectations for your professional learning; and
- a plan to take forward manageable changes to your practice.
Who is this learning for?
The resources contribute to professional learning for practitioners at all levels working with children and young people within early learning and childcare, primary, secondary, special schools, colleges, private training providers, third sector providers, social work, community learning and development and other specialist learning providers including secure and residential settings.
Learning Resource 1: An Introduction to the Career Education Standard 3-18
This resource introduces you to the standard, its context, purpose and expectations in a logical and manageable format. The materials include a self-evaluation tool and contain references to How good is our school? (4th Edition). Engaging with this professional learning resource will help you build on your existing practice.
The following resources are currently in development:
- Learning Resources 2: An Introduction to Labour Market Information
- Learning Resources 3: An Introduction to Career Management Skills
- Learning Resources 4: An Introduction to my World of Work
- Learning Resources 2: An Introduction to Enterprise Education