Last night was the HR Network (Scotland) National Awards 2010 – at which ELC had been shortlisted for 2 Awards:
- Strategic People Development Project of The Year
- Best Workplace of the Year
We won both!
- Strategic People Development – we won over Aegon and Sky !
- Best workplace – we won over Sky and Kwikfit !
This is a fantastic achievement. This all links with our current People Strategy 2006-12 which has within it 4 core strategic people aims:
- High Achieving Leadership & Management,
- Building workforce Capability,
- Positive Employment Experience
- Competitive Recruitment & Retention
As our delighted Head of the HR Service noted today
Last night’s awards prove that as an innovative, professional HR Team, we’re delivering well on those aims for the employees and communities of East Lothian…We’ve done fantastically to prove that we have what it takes to compete with these organisations and win!
There were a huge amount of entries in all the categories including BSkyb, Cogent, Tesco, Scottish Power, Standard Life, Forth Ports, Scott Moncrieff, Glasgow Caledonian University, Strathclyde Business School, Renfrewshire Council (who won Training Manager of the Year), BIS Salamis, DC Thomson, Investors in People and Angus College.
A great (late!) night out too with over 700 people in attendance. Well done to everybody involved – what a team!