1 x MA Divisional Administrator
This Modern Apprenticeship is based in St Andrews House, Edinburgh.
While this will be targeted mainly at the Edinburgh teams, other areas can also be notified if working with young people who are willing to travel.
Please can you alert the relevant teams to this vacancy and ask that they encourage eligible young people to apply (16-24, unemployed, who are capable of completing an SVQ Level 2 in one year). Young people contracted to work less than 16 hrs are also eligible.
Unfortunately the Scottish Government cannot support to SVQ Level 3 young people who have already completed the SVQ Level 2 in Business Administration and they would therefore not be eligible.
Candidates should explain in their CVs specifically how they meet the competencies indicated in the post and should include a short covering letter. The specific requirements for this post are:
• Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• A good understanding of IT packages such as outlook, word, excel, powerpoint etc.
• Ability to use own initiative to move tasks forward.
• Ability to communicate effectively and confidently in writing, by telephone and face-to-face.
Closing date for applications is Friday 31st August . On this occasion please note that all CVs and covering letters should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position has an attractive starting salary of £15,792.
The department is keen that the successful candidate start asap, although security checks may take 6 weeks.