This week sees the opening of the bookings for our very first East Lothian Learning Festival in September!
The theme is “Learners for the Future” which aims to resonate with our teachers not simply when they consider the learning needs of their pupils but in considering their own professional learning needs.
This highly engaging and inspiring event will be held on Friday 7th and Saturday 8th September 2012 and it is open to all education staff in East Lothian. It promises to be the major highlight on East Lothian’s educational calendar with talks from eminent and inspirational speakers, such as:
- Steve Munby, Chief Executive of England’s National College of School Leadership
- Richard Gerver, Head Teacher of the Year 2005 and now International Advisor on Education
- Alistair Smith, Learning Consultant with Football Association and author of High Performers
- Norman Drummond, Founder of Columba 1400
- Dr Myra Young, Founder of PACE Learning and Assessment and Moderation Circles
- Don Ledingham, our very own Director of Education and Children’s Services.
In addition to our invited speakers, we have a whole host of exciting workshops and demonstrations from educators throughout East Lothian on innovative approaches to learning and teaching, both indoors and outdoors. There will also be opportunities to explore methods and approaches which will support teachers in their quest for the holy grail of true work-life balance!
More information will be made available through posters and leaflets coming to schools following the summer holidays. In the meantime, check out the programme online and book onto what best suits your needs.
You can book on here: https://www.eastlothian.gov.uk/forms/form/183/learners_for_the_future_registration