Community Development Assistant (Relief)
Reference Number EAL002225
Geographical Area Various Locations In East Lothian
Job Category Youth/Community Learning and Development
Contract Type Casual
Position Type Casual
Salary £15456 – £16935
Closing date 20 July 2014
Based at various locations across East Lothian
£8.47 per hour
It is East Lothian Council’s policy that successful applicants will be placed on the first point of the salary scale.
Working on a casual basis – as and when required
To include evening and weekend work if necessary
We require enthusiastic, reliable and responsible people to provide cover at following centres; Prestonpans, Longniddry, Port Seton and Haddington. You will work with people in a community setting, be able to communicate effectively and work on your own initiative.
Duties include general supervision and involvement in the Centre and its activities, setting up and taking down of equipment, answering the telephone, taking bookings, handling cash, caretaking of late night functions, cleaning and catering duties as required to meet the needs of the programme.
Purpose of the Job
To support and assist in the day to day delivery of front line Community Development services, in accordance with local and Council procedures.
• Promote a friendly, welcoming and caring image of the Centre.
• Supervise all Centre users, in accordance with Council policy, guidelines and procedures.
• Assist in the development of the Centre programme and activities.
• Assist in the day-to-day operation of the Centre including reporting defects, faults, issues etc.
• Undertake instruction/supervision of Centre activities.
• Set up and clear away items of furniture and equipment for Centre activities.
• Undertake cleaning and cafeteria duties, as required.
• Carry out appropriate cash reconciliation and related record keeping, in accordance with Council financial procedures.
• Provide caretaking duties at community events including late night functions
• Ensure instances of challenging behaviour are appropriately dealt with, in accordance with the Unacceptable Actions policy and ensure that incidents are reported to line manager and recorded.
• Promote a positive image of Community Development services by providing excellent Customer Care.
• Promote the Council’s vision and values and a corporate culture that is positive, customer focussed and supports employee engagement to the highest standards.
• Take reasonable care of personal health and safety and co-operate with management to enable compliance with the Council’s health and safety rules and legislative requirements.
• Undertake such other duties and responsibilities that may be reasonably required by the service.
Be able to demonstrate skills and competencies gained through previous experience.
Please download the job outline and person specification at the bottom of the page for full details of the qualifications and skills required for this post.
This post is considered as Regulated Work with vulnerable children and/or protected adults, as specified in the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007.
All preferred candidates for posts carrying out regulated work with these groups will be required to become a PVG Scheme member, or undergo a PVG Scheme update if they are already a member, prior to any formal offer of employment being made by East Lothian Council.
Please note: PVG member’s records are constantly updated with any new vetting information that arises. Any information that is disclosed on a PVG membership or update check, if relevant to the post being applied for, will be discussed with the applicant and investigated prior to any formal offer being made.
For additional East Lothian Council employment information please click on the following link:
If you have any difficulties applying for this post or if you require any additional assistance, please call 01620 827315, or email us on email@example.com
Please download the attachment below to get a full job outline and person specification for this post.
It is East Lothian Council’s policy that successful applicants will be appointed to the first point on the salary scale.
Click here to download additional information on this vacancy
Community Development Assistant FINAL Grade 4.pdf
Click here to apply for this job
Back to search results